- Stand-alone course – 4 hours
- With Airway Management – 5 hours
- With Oxygen Therapy – 5 hours
- With Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy – 6 hours
Designed to build participant confidence in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills in a team environment for professionals with a duty to respond. Teaches the important steps to perform a rapid assessment, perform Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and perform rapid defibrillation including use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy can also be added as additional certifications to this course.
In-facility care providers, including nursing staff, care aides, medical and dental professionals.
Pre-hospital care providers, which may include professionals in a fire service, rescue team, sports-medicine, lifeguards and ski patrol.
- Successfully demonstrate all course skill competencies
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
1-year certification in Basic Life Support (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- Glove removal
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Airway Obstruction
- Assisted Ventilation
- BLS special considerations
- Canadian Red Cross BLS Field Guide
- Printable version – Basic Life Support
Not sure what level of CPR you need? How to Choose the Right CPR Course
One Touch Home Care collaborates with Alpha Life Trainers in delivering of these short courses developed and affiliated by RedCross Canada, these are life saving skills used by professionals in daily practice to save lives. one in every house hold should learn these in case emergency arise at home.