- This event has passed.
Standard First Aid Certification
March 18 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$125.00
Blended Standard First Aid: 8 hours online learning, 5.5 - 7.5 hours teaching time
Standard First Aid/ CPR and AED is a comprehensive two-day course offering First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home.
Standard First Aid/ CPR and AED course includes the latest First Aid and CPR guidelines. Meets federal and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Standard First Aid and CPR. It also exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
3-year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR AED Level A and C
Standard First Aid: 6.5–7.5 hours; includes CPR Level A or C and AED; adheres to local legislation
Blended Standard First Aid: 4 hours online learning, 3-4 hours teaching time.
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
Includes any other content required by specific legislation.
A 60-minute Opioid Poisoning Awareness Workshop can be added to this course. In this workshop, participants will learn how they can help prevent death and disability by recognizing, accessing help, and providing care for a suspected opioid poisoning.
- First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook)
- Standard First Aid CPR, A/C – Online (Blended only)
- Standard First Aid Certificate (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- First Aid Student Kit includes:
- 1 CPR Breathing barrier
- 3 Triangular bandages (106 cm x 106 cm x 150 cm)
- 2 Non-woven pads (10 cm x 10 cm)
- 1 Pair of latex free gloves
- 1 Roller gauze bandage (7.5 cm x 3.75 m)
One Touch Home Care collaborates with Alpha Life Trainers in delivering of these short courses developed and affiliated by RedCross Canada, these are life saving skills used by professionals in daily practice to save lives. one in every house hold should learn these in case emergency arise at home.